Monday 15 February 2016

Tour Aotearoa Starts Soon ... Very Soon!!

It is ony a few days out until the start of Tour Aotearoa ... the length of New Zealand Brevet ... me, my bike, my gear and my visa card to get from one end of the country to the other ... approxiamately 3000 kilometres of riding!

Am I ready ... well as ready as I can be!


We fly Christchurch to Auckland on Friday morning, grab a van and head to Kaitaia. Friday night in Kaitaia, before meeting Helen down the road to ride to Tupotupotu campsite about 5 kms prior to the Cape.

We depart at midday in Wave One (118 riders), waves two and three a further two and three days later, respectively.

Our thoughts are three days to Auckland building into the event with days of around 130 km each then building up the mileage from there on. Reckoning on about 21 days of riding to reach Bluff.
All my gear

To follow us you can jump onto this link ... www.touraotearoa2016.maprogress.com and if you want to know more about the event you can visit here www.touraotearoa.nz

No comments:

Post a Comment